Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Breakfast Burritos


If there is one thing my family seems to look forward to on the weekend it is a big breakfast.  My husband and I are not big breakfast eaters during the week and the kids usually eat theirs at daycare.  So Sunday mornings are usually a nice homemade breakfast.  

But I don't always feel like putting out a big spread and sometimes I haven't even been to the grocery store yet so one of my favorite fall backs is breakfast burritos. I pretty much always stock eggs, tortillas, shredded cheese so that part is easy. 

 

Saute and toss in whatever meat and veggies I have on hand that might go in an omelet and serve with sour cream and - done!  

Start by scrambling 5-6 eggs.  In a small skillet cook whatever meat and veggies you will be adding.  Put a couple scoops of eggs, some meat/veggies and a small handful of cheese on a tortilla.  Roll up like a burrito and brown on both sides in a dry skillet until crispy.  To feed 4 people, including a hungry hubby, I used 6 eggs, 6 tortillas, 2 cups of shredded cheese, 1 package of smoky links and a couple tablespoons of sour cream.  This made 4 large burritos (2 smoky links inside) and 2 small burritos (1 smoky link inside).  Yum!

No comments: