Thursday, September 13, 2012

Tea Party Treats - Blueberry Sparkle Punch

This beautiful and unique drink was probably the most popular item of the party.  These adorable little jelly jar glasses belonged to an aunt who used to serve me with them every time I visited and they added just the right touch to the table.  We took the leftover sprinkles from our other tea party treats and combined them in one little dish to make a special sprinkle mix.  Each jelly jar was dipped in water, then in sprinkles and left to dry for a few minutes.  Then in each glass, I added a squeeze each of fresh lemon and lime, a drop of blue food coloring, and a small handful of frozen blueberries.  Then I added caffeine-free lemon-lime soda pop to each glass.  No need to stir as the fizz will do the work for you and the blueberries will keep the punch cold. I used the leftovers to make a batch for the adults in a pitcher.  They added just the right splash of color to the table.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

These really caught my eye! So pretty!

Michelle Day said...

April,
Love this! I love the sprinkles on the rim. Very girly tea party. I hosted one when my daughter was about 10 and we had a blast. Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday. Can’t wait to see what you share this week. Have a great week.
Michelle

Deanna Lyn said...

beautiful table setting new follower from the blog hop!
http://14surgar.blogspot.com/