Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Chicken Garlic Parmesan Pizza

That thing about my husband loving Buffalo Wild Wings?  Did I mention my 4-year-old son loves it too because there is always at least one TV playing hockey and there is a Red Wings jersey on the wall of our local one - oh yeah, and they have mac-n-cheese, so, of course...  They always order the same foods but I love to order different things much of the time and try to come up with copycat recipes I can make at home - BW3 makes that easier because they sell bottles of the sauce to take home.  Well, last time we were there I tried the Garlic Parmesan Flatbread Pizza and everyone else ended up eating it with me because it looked and smelled so great.  So we grabbed another bottle of sauce for the road and I thought I'd try making a similar version at home.


I found an easy recipe for crispy thin-crust pizza made without yeast (necessary only because I happened to be all out of yeast...) at Culinary Jam.  I did substitute a couple of teaspoons of Italian seasoning for the chopped rosemary in the recipe.  I topped this unbaked crust with a thin layer of Buffalo Wild Wings Parmesan Garlic sauce, shredded about 2 cups worth of chicken meat over the top of that, and then topped with a generous layer of shredded mozzarella.  I baked this at 400 degrees per the Culinary Jam instructions for about 20 minutes until the crust was done to my liking.  Now my crust is not as thin as the BW3 crust but I think I could have gotten two super-thin-and-crispy crusts out of that one recipe.  But it tasted awesome and was requested to be put on the football season foods list which means its pretty good!

No comments: