Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Deep Fried Venison Chips

I know its been a while since I've shared a recipe post so here is one I promise you will love!  This is a venison recipe, although I suppose you could do the same thing with beef or pork if you prefer.  

Heat your deep fryer with canola oil (or a deep pot with about 1 1/2 inches of oil) to about 320 degrees.

Put about a cup of flour, a teaspoon of course salt, a 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper, and a teaspoon of your favorite wild game seasoning in a pie plate and mixing well.

You want your meat to still be mostly frozen.  I used a small package of tenderloin I had lingering and a package of venison steaks that were still frozen together in a lump and both cuts turned out the same once cooked.  Slice your meat as thinly as possible.  By leaving your meat partially frozen you will be able to slice it very thinly.  

Dredge your meat in your flour mixture and deep fry for about 2 minutes.  Scoop out and drain on paper towel.  

Serve it like I did with your family's favorite dipping sauces and a big salad.  This would also be a great appetizer/snack for a football game crowd or a card party.  Enjoy!

No comments: