Monday, April 30, 2012

A Huge Thank You, Weekend Wrap-up and a Treat to Share

Hello lovely new friends!  I am so excited to see that the blog has reached over 750 page hits - yesterday was 50 views - the highest for one day.  It may not sound like much but I value each and every one of you and I am so excited to get a page view - comments throw me over the moon!  I had no idea if anyone would be interested in what I have to share or what direction this blog would take on when I started a few months ago.  No offense, but I sorta started it for me - as an outlet and something to do for myself because I enjoy sharing and writing.  And while I hoped others would share my interests, well, I'm just not as confident as it sometimes might appear.  So I truly am enjoying the experience of getting to know more about all of you - first time visitors, regulars and fellow bloggers.  I often feel like we are together in the kitchen with a cup of coffee and the aroma of homemade bread surrounding us, or strolling in the garden checking out the progress.  


This is from a couple of summers ago - that's the primitive
first version of a playhouse in the background falling apart...
I'm still learning all the tricks and tools so if you see something you think is missing or would make the blog better for you - please let me know!  Drop me a line at astop 78 (at) gmail (dot) com any time.  I've added Linky Followers and Google Friend Connect so if you use those, please add me to your connections.  I've also got Pinterest and Twitter up and running and the info isn't always the same as what is here on the blog so please follow me there if you are using those too.  And again, thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing a few moments of your day with me!


Soooooo, do the rest of you start with all these grand plans of what you are going to do with the weekend only to find yourself at 10 p.m. on Sunday night trying to remember what even happened over the past two days?  Please don't say its just me.  :)  I know I grocery shopped, did laundry, dishes, ran the vacuum, mowed the lawn...  Oh yeah, there was a birthday party dinner last night...  Skating lessons, a trip to Menard's for mulch...which did get spread with newspapers underneath on the bed on the north side of the driveway (which I need about 5 more bags to finish properly so another run will be in order before you get pictures...)...  We stopped at Grandma's to beg for a fundraiser order - luckily its spring bulbs which is an easy sell in our family...  But all of my grand plans for the projects I was going to do and show you got pushed to the side for lack of time (and energy) by the end of the day...  Hoping that since most of the household is squared away I'll be able to do a few things in the evenings - I have a fairy tree I am dying to show you how to make...  Did your weekend go the way you planned?


And finally...a treat to go with your coffee...  


This is a fast and easy but impressive goodie you can throw together for last-minute guests or a snack for the kids or a party favor.  I made it as part of family snack baskets I give for Christmas and it was a huge hit with family and coworkers.  Simple, simple, simple!  



You need a cookie sheet lined with foil, a box of graham crackers (plain), 6 ounces chocolate bark and 4 ounces white chocolate bark.  Take your graham crackers and make a single layer on the cookie sheet all the way to the edges.  Melt your chocolate bark and pour over the graham crackers.  Smooth it so it is an even thickness and no graham crackers show.  Melt your white chocolate bark and drizzle over the top of the chocolate.  Take a butter knife and swirl carefully (to make it all pretty and stuff...).  Put in the fridge to harden for about 15 minutes.  Break into odd shaped pieces and put in cellophane bags or ziplock baggies.  Keeps in an airtight container for about 2 weeks.  Enjoy!

No comments: