Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Happy Birthday to My Baby Girl!


 

It's amazing how fast life moves.


Really, it feels like just a blink sometimes.  


One day not so long ago, we were going through the roller-coaster of emotions of trying to get pregnant.  



At 34 weeks, in the middle of the night, I started bleeding and having contractions with a terrible fever.  


After a terrifying week in the hospital fighting the fever and undergoing test after test on the baby and I,  


I was getting ready to go home exhausted when I went into true labor.  


I had known throughout my pregnancy that this baby had a mind of its own and labor ended up being no different.  


She came out not screaming mad, but looking around her with eyes wide open, 


studying the world and she's been studying it carefully since.


She's got a big, compassionate heart, 


loves animals, 


her little brother,


flowers, 


art, music 


and pretty things, 


is eager to go hunting with her daddy for the first time this year, 


is taller than her momma already. 


She's always been brave about the big things,


sometimes silly about the little things,


and excited to try new things.


She is smart, creative, and has an awesome sense of humor.

Happy #11 Baby Girl!

No comments: