Friday, May 23, 2014

A surprise hidden in our fern

We had a couple of frosty nights last week so I brought our new hanging baskets into the garage overnight.  I didn't notice at first, but the next morning my daughter pointed out that a large nest had been built in the fern that hangs closest to our redbud tree.  I carefully hung the basket back up where it was and it survived the second frosty night just fine under the protection of the tree.  
We had seen a large robin come and go from the nest several times over the past day, but last night when I was watering the plants he was particularly feisty and chirped at me very loudly and insistently.  I couldn't resist clambering up on a chair and holding the camera up to taking a peek...
Aren't they just perfect?  I can't wait to see the kids reactions when the little ones hatch!

No comments: