Friday, December 13, 2013

Spiced Candied Nuts

This is a re-post of a little snack recipe that is perfect this time of year.  
A tasty treat with a mug of coffee 
(or a beer like my hubby had with them last night!).
It also works well as a small gift for teachers, neighbors, or co-workers.
You can do a big batch of these in about 10 minutes 
(plus they make your house smell great!).
I packaged them into jelly jars after they cooled and tied with a pretty ribbon.
You can vary the type of nuts quite a bit if you like different kinds.


  1 stick butter (I use Blue Bonnet)
4 cups nuts - I used half pecans, half almonds in the picture above but when I made them last night I used half pecans and half walnuts (I go with what is on sale!)
1/2 cup brown sugar
ground cinnamon
ground nutmeg
ground clove (optional)

Melt your butter in a large skillet.  Add nuts and stir to coat well.  
Add brown sugar and about 1/4 teaspoon of each spice.  
Stir frequently over medium heat until the sugar/butter mixture bubbles.  
Stir constantly about 2-3 minutes until the mixture caramelizes.  
Spread on a foil-lined baking sheet or piece of wax paper 
and let cool completely before packaging.

2 comments:

Liz said...

Yum! I think I will be making these for my hubby this weekend!

Candied Nuts said...

Its sound awesome and yummeyy