Thursday, January 31, 2013

I've Been Nominated!


I was sweetly surprised to be nominated for my second Liebster Award by the lovely Ms. Morgan over at Ms. Morgan's Reality Check!  This award is given by bloggers to other bloggers they enjoy with less than 200 followers.  I love this as it helps me think about what kinds of things you might want to know about me - being a mom, it comes much easier to think about what you might want to know about the kids or the recipes!

So to fulfill my duties as a nominee, here are 11 random facts about me...
  1. I am a list maker (so naturally I love this stuff!)
  2. I love whiteboards (see #1)
  3. I have only dyed my hair once - I tried going for more red and it didn't take at all - it actually just made my hair look flat instead of my natural highlights so I gave up.
  4. I love snowmobiling!
  5. I have been CPR certified since I was 8.
  6. When I was growing up, my school district was only 4 miles radius and had only one school.
  7. I provided a retirement home for a police horse.
  8. I hate to ask for help.
  9. I can grow my hair from shoulder-length to my waist in about 2 years time.
  10. I like shopping for horse equipment more than I like shopping for clothes.
  11. Patience is not my strong suit.
Ms. Morgan's Questions for Me:
1. Do you have any specific long-term goals? What is one and how do you plan on reaching it?  Yes.  One that I have been working toward is getting back into barrel racing and riding more in general.  I bought Topper as an all-around horse because he has that sort of potential to be great at the speed classes but also be a good trail mount. I haven't gotten to get as much time back in the saddle as I want but I've been getting my family used to the idea gradually that Mom needs a break and to go do fun things on my own more.
2. What are your most compulsive habits?  I am a chronic "straightener".  I have a very hard time sitting still - there is always more to do.  Partially because I'm a poor delegater...
3. What do you value most in a relationship?  Unconditional love. Its what makes you keep trying and moving forward no matter what else happens.  When you know that no matter what mistakes are made or hard words are said that person has unconditional love for you - you can get past the obstacles together.
4. When did you last cry in front of another? About a week ago when I was sick and stressed and couldn't take one more small thing.
5. If you could chose the manner of your death, what would it be?  Old age where I knew my time was coming.  I have so much I want to do and see.  The planner in me wants to know its coming so I can "finish" everything.
6. Which would you prefer? To leave the country permanently or to never leave the state you currently are in?  I would rather never leave the state I'm in.  Michigan has so much variety to offer.  The great thing is you can go 2-3 hours in any direction and be in a completely different kind of place.  My family never had a lot of money growing up but because of the state we are in we had a million day-trip adventures!
7. What, if anything, is too serious to joke about?  Hmmm, a lot of things but it depends on the audience, really.  There are things I would find offensive to discuss or joke about with some people that certain others would be fine.  I'm all about being sensitive to the audience.
8. Would you rather be overdressed or underdressed for a party?  I've been both so I usually shoot for the middle but if I had to pick it would be overdressed - mostly because I work really hard to overcome body image issues I have had since I was a kid.
9. If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?  Being too grown up.  I knew way too much about what was going on with adults in my childhood and while it made me stronger as an adult, I wish I had not known a lot of things.
10. You're invited to a friends for dinner, and you find a cockroach in the salad. What would you do?  Scream, throw up, offer to host in the future...  A fly might be handled a bit more gracefully but after my experience in Texas with roaches I know I would handle that badly!
11. When was the last time you sung to yourself?  This morning on the way to work - The Band Perry "Dig Two".  :)


And now, my nominees...please go check out these fun bloggers and if you like what you see, give them a follow!
  1. Michaela at An Affair from the Heart
  2. Kateri at Dandelion Haven
  3. Laura at ElleSee
  4. Brenda at A Separate Path
  5. Terry at Are We There Yet?
  6. Connie at Ash Lane Farm
  7. Brad & Suzy at Brazy Creek Farm
  8. Elizabeth at Circle the Wagons
  9. Country Life with a Country Wife
  10. Judy at Gold Country Cottage
  11. Hearth and Home

Nominees - Congratulations and please join the fun!  Post 11 random facts about yourself, answer my 11 questions for you, nominate 11 fellow bloggers with less than 200 followers, and comment on their blogs to let them know!  

Questions for my Nominees:

  1. What is your favorite quick and easy recipe?
  2. If you were an animal, what animal would you be?
  3. Forgiveness or revenge?
  4. Do you share your popcorn at the movies?
  5. What would you rather have for Valentine's Day? Chocolate, flowers or both?
  6. Do you and your husband celebrate your anniversary big or in small ways?
  7. What was your favorite Christmas gift this year?
  8. Your co-worker has something on their face.  Do you discretely point it out to them, flat out tell them or try to pretend you don't notice?
  9. What is your favorite charity?
  10. Talking on the phone - love it or hate it?
  11. What is your least favorite household chore?
Please come back and leave me a comment when you post your answers - inquiring minds want to know!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

CONGRATS!!

Ms. Morgan said...

Love your answers. :)

Rosilind Jukic said...

Congrats on the award!!!

Country Wife said...

Thanks for including me! Here's the link to my response: http://countrylifewithcountrywife.blogspot.com/2013/02/ive-been-nominated.html