Thursday, May 31, 2012

Creamy Chicken Rotini

Another quick weeknight meal for you!  This creamy chicken rotini is healthy but quick and inexpensive.  Feeds a family of 4 with plenty left for lunches.  I also think that served cold over a bed of lettuce this would be an awesome pasta salad.

Cube two chicken breasts, season with salt and pepper, and saute over medium heat with 2 tablespoon of butter, until lightly browned.  Add 1 large diced tomato and continue to saute until tomatoes are soft.
Add 1 container of Philadelphia Italian Cheese & Herb Cooking Creme.  So tasty!  This was my first time using the Philly Cooking Cremes and I will say it took a lot of the fuss out of seasoning and making the white sauce.  This was the perfect consistency and flavor without any tweaking.

Disclaimer: while I haven't been paid or compensated for any product recommendation here on the blog (I just like to talk about the things I love and find useful), I have been a long-time member of both Kraft First Taste and House Party.  Through them I do get samples and coupons for different products in exchange for giving them product feedback and hosting parties for my friends.  The Philly Cooking Creme is one product that I have previously gotten coupons to get a free sample but have not been able to find it locally until now.
Add about 4 cups cooked garden rotini.  I like this instead of the plain rotini because it adds a slight bit of extra veggies (especially for my son who will eat green noodles but no other green in his food right now) and it adds extra color to a dish.
Stir well and continue cooking over low heat about 5 minutes or until everything is heated through.  I topped  it with some shaved Asiago and served with a nice salad.  My crew ate very quietly - always a sign of a popular dish in my house!

1 comment:

Deborah said...

I love the idea of serving this cold over lettuce!